We represent both corporate and individual clients on a wide range of civil disputes including contract law, insolvency, construction, insurance, estate, tortious and commercial matters, at both the High Court and the Appellate Court.
Depending on the facts and circumstances of each case, we guide clients towards mediation where suitable for expedited and practical settlement of legal disputes with much success. In major complex commercial cases, we work in conjunction with our associated network of consulting firms and Queens Counsel from the Caribbean and internationally. Recent assignments include:
* Drafting and preparing unfair prejudice claim in a shareholder dispute;
* Acting as Instructing Counsel in international corporate dispute based on contractual breach and alleged unjust enrichment;
* Assisting foreign Counsel with interpretation issues of local legislation, issues regarding statutory entities and their applicability to foreign international debt attachment proceedings.
* Acting as Counsel in debt collection and enforcement proceedings for regional companies and financial institutions in the Magistrate’s Court and the High Court.
* Acting as Counsel in the High Court, and advising Residents Associations of Development Schemes on injunctive proceedings for breach of covenants in the Development Scheme.
* Acting as Counsel for Receivers and Liquidators on a wide variety of contentious matters including, the discharge of ex-parte injunctions, application for directions pursuant to the Companies Act, including directions for disposal of chattels charged under Mortgage Debentures and distribution of proceeds, determination of priorities, summary judgment proceedings, and release and dissolution orders.