Acting primarily for Employers, we provide opinion and legal advice, and represent our clients in Court on a wide range of employment and labour relations issues, including termination and redundancy, suspension and other disciplinary measures. We are frequently retained by clients to assist with interpretation of specific provisions in our Labour Code, where there is uncertainty and or ambiguity in the language of the legislative provision.
We also assist with Union negotiations, preparation and review of Collective Agreements, Pension and Employee Benefit Plans, Employment Contracts, Staff Manuals, and Work Permit applications.
We offer guidance and legal representation to our clients in labour matters before the Labour Commissioner, the Minister of Labour, and the Supreme Court of Grenada. Recent assignments include:
* Advising on issues of successorship and the dissolution of an entity by operation of law
* Advising and acting for Statutory Boards and Private Sector Employers on termination, compensation, pension plans, and industrial disputes;
* Advising a regional company on the restructuring of operations, including redundancy procedures and negotiations with the Collective Bargaining Agent;
* Advising a Private Sector Organisation on certain provisions of the Employment Act; submitting proposals for labour code reforms and equality of bargaining positions to the Ministry of Labour;
* Acting for the Employer in Mediation regarding a complaint of unfair dismissal by a former employee.